I was looking for a way to accomplish the need of making it easier for users to access a SharePoint Document Library, with the plus side of being able to add this into a GPO and letting it be mapped across the domain. Of course you can add a network location to a SharePoint Document Library, but I didn’t know of a way to script that via a GPO logon script. I really didn’t research much into that, I figured mapping drives would be easier to explain to users.
It turns out this is really simple to do. The SharePoint server maps it as a WebDav path on a network share. So by using \\SERVERNAME\DavWWWroot\ I got the root of the SharePoint site. From there, I just filled out the rest. Such as \\SharePoint\DavWWWroot\Shared&20Documents links to the Shared Documents library on the SharePoint site.
From that point on, its as simple as using a GPO to deploy this and map the drive.
So I needed to add a search box to a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Customer Portal. So into Visual Web Developer 2010 Express I went. I opened the Customer Portal project and then expanded Pages and eService in the tree.
Opening up ViewCases.aspx I located the following
I added this before that:
<asp:Label ID="Label2" Font-Bold="true" runat="server"> Search: </asp:Label>
<asp:TextBox ID="CaseSearch" AutoPostBack="true" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
I then opened the code for the file (right clicked and showed code) and located the following:
if (casesByCustomer.Count() == 0)
and added before that:
casesByCustomer = casesByStatus.Where(c => c.Title.ToLower().Contains(CaseSearch.Text.ToLower().ToString()));
Saved the files, built the code and tested. Everything worked just fine, except for an error that occurred because the view I had, used follow up by and some of those cases didn’t have them. If a search returned only results with no follow up by set, it would give an error. But I just swapped out the follow up by for modified on.